Tuesday, April 6

The Lights Went Out

(leave it to the media to make a bigger deal out of it than what it was-the official news)
Officers hit with bottles while breaking up crowds at UW | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Rarely...our power goes out. It happened last winter during the ridiculous snow storms. Usually it goes out for no good reason at all. It's a bit of a mystery. Last night, at 11:26 the power went out. You should have seen the fireworks... And heard the cheers. I participated as a spectator (declining my friends pleading to go streaking)... Mob mentality. Interesting. One block over and two down, I was drawn to the chanting. The Greeks emptied out of there dark houses and gathered. The firemen came and went. The policemen came and watched. Bigger and better fireworks. I smell a summer bbq... not the good part, the lighter fluid part of vintage charcoal grills. What started as a small glow, grew into a larger glow. "One. More. Couch." the crowd jeered. The rest is on video... The cool looking brown brick house in background of the first video is where I spend lots of my time hanging out.

My housemate, Jason, took this video towards the end...




No comments:

Post a Comment