Thursday, April 12

Raymond vs Landlord

Tomorrow, rather, later today, I am meeting with the landlords to discuss rent and repairs. Yesterday's (tuesday's) blow of receiving the "pay or vacate in 3 days" notice tacked to the outside of the door settled in as a personal defeat. How I detest that feeling! I knew the moment I opened my eyes this morning that today would be a bit melancholy...I feel disconnected from Greg and other guys in my small group...and others I care so much about... rolling over, cuddling blankets, wanting answers, praying that it would all just go away. Why does Satan know my weaknesses? And why must he insist on using them against me? WHY do i let him have any authority over me??? Pastor talked about fairy tales on sunday... guess I was hoping to wake up to the spell being broken and our house transformed and restored. Sadly, reality affirms that fairy tales are for children and do not exist in this world of materialism and greed.

Lord, help me show Your grace and strength to our landlords. Help me to speak with patience. Give me ears to hear what is truly being said - help me be slow to anger. Please help resolve this situation for the betterment of my friends and neighbors and those that live here. Please give me insight to the plans you have for this house and those that come in contact with us. Help me rely on You. Please change the minds and soften the hearts of the landlords, blinding them to their greed. This whole situation is in Your hands.... .. .

No comments:

Post a Comment